• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting FAQs for other foreigners living in Japan

Sure thing. I already posted one fix in the Galaxy Nexus forums for getting push mail to work after switching to a custom roms. I'm not sure if it's fair to request a sticky for it, but I know it took a crapton of searching and fiddling to find a solution, and there pretty much is no info out on the web in English about this particular problem. Should I post updates here when I make a new faq or tip?

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Sure thing. I already posted one fix in the Galaxy Nexus forums for getting push mail to work after switching to a custom roms. I'm not sure if it's fair to request a sticky for it, but I know it took a crapton of searching and fiddling to find a solution, and there pretty much is no info out on the web in English about this particular problem. Should I post updates here when I make a new faq or tip?

No need to post here... if you feel that the info would be worth being in a sticky, let one of the guides or mods know and they will review the situation.

I know that there are a lot of guides/mods that are in the gnex area, so it is probably worth messaging them about it! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones