• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

status bar overload

More info needed and a screen shot/photo as it's not clear what you mean.

Are you referring to the top and bottom of the screen where the home buttons, clock, etc, are?
If so... on the bottom right-hand side of the lower bar is a 'chevron' shaped down button...

Use your remote as a mouse (or plug in a USB mouse) and click on that button to remove the bar from view.

If you just want to clear the notifications then use the remote or mouse and click on the top bar.

TVLauncher_Simple_Android_Launcher.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's good advice... there's one more way to take control of your life!

Dunno about you, though... I absolutely hate remote control apps.
Not sure why... maybe I am just so used to the tactile rewards of the actual battery operated remote.
Also - with a real remote you don't have to look at them... with a smartphone app I'm distracted to annoyance by having to pay attention to it and not the TV.

Anyone else feel like that or am I just a misery guts that's impossible to please?

download.jpg

Upvote 0
That's good advice... there's one more way to take control of your life!

Dunno about you, though... I absolutely hate remote control apps.
Not sure why... maybe I am just so used to the tactile rewards of the actual battery operated remote.
Also - with a real remote you don't have to look at them... with a smartphone app I'm distracted to annoyance by having to pay attention to it and not the TV.

Anyone else feel like that or am I just a misery guts that's impossible to please?

View attachment 113559

I use yatse for all operations within kodi, but I also use it in tandem with normal top box remote for when I have to visit the home screen of the android box. I enjoy using a remote app mainly because I can promptly type something into search with out buggering around with the top box remote.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones