• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stick with fascinate or switch to droid x?

Had my fascinate for over a week now and love android.two issues though, call quality with speakerphone and without and the camera (no zoom). Is it any better on the x and has anyone had both? Also how is the battery life? Thanks in advance.

the fascinate has a zoom on the camera, its the volume rocker button

Reactions: bbsadaj
Upvote 0
strange... I haven't noticed too bad of call quality on speakerphone. This is, of course, in comparison to my former non-smartphones. You ought to take it in and see if you can compare it to one in-store to see if it's just your phone or what. You could also compare it to the DX to see if that one is any better. I rarely use speakerphone so I don't really notice. I did just listen to pandora on the speaker of my fascinate last night while I was cookin some stuff on the grill. While not ideal obviously, it wasn't HORRIBLE...

Battery life... well... sucks. And from what I hear from everyone who has a smartphone, that's just how smartphones are. For me, I was tossing back and forth the incredible and Fascinate and one of the tipping points for the fascinate was battery life. Well, now that 2.2 has come out, it really blows. REALLY BLOWS. I'm not sure if the DX is any better but it may be.

TBH though, you may want to go with the DX just based on the lack of support from samsung/verizon for the fascinate. That is my biggest complaint of the phone really...

Upvote 0
The battery life on the DX is pretty damn good.. especially with the new GB leaks. Even with pretty intensive use, most get at least a full day's use out of it and just charge the phone overnight. The extended battery adds very little extra bulk, too.

I think the Fascinate takes slightly better pictures in brightly lit environments. Both phones suck in low light (all phones more or less do). Most of my calls are through speakerphone on the DX, and they are always clear and pick up my voice nicely without any of the noise in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones