• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Epic Headsets

i tried buying a set a month ago (because i broke mine), but they are difficult to find. And if you do, i think new they're like $40. For that price, you can get better headphones (with a mic).

But yeah, they were a good pair of STOCK headsets.

go to ebay and search for samsung epic oem and scroll through the pages, i have found headphones from 5-20 dollars depending on how many you want...

Upvote 0
They are AWESOME. I love being able to turn my music volume all the way up and not bother other people in a car, and people in a car not being able to bother me because i can't hear them!

This is my first pair of "ear bud" style headphones, and I'm hooked!!
I too like the stock headset. The only problem I've found is that plugging in the headset or hooking up to bluetooth doesn't mute the built-in speaker for notifications and rings. Had the same problem with my moment. I'm hoping when 2.2 comes out it will include "real" voice dialing i.e. push the button on the headset (wire or BT) and it activates voice command.

Upvote 0
I thought the stocks were ok but definitely lacked in the bass department. The best small headphones I have ever used for sound quality without handing out major cash are these Sony Slim Over-the-Ear Headphones (MDR W08L) I have been using them for years and the only stuff that compares are the huge studio style headphones. I found mine for $9.99 at Walgreen's but lots of places sell them online.

AAAAC0jKOWAAAAAAAPxONA.jpg

I listen to bassdrive.com a lot using A Onlnine Radio :D
In my opinion they blow the stock ones out of the water. If your looking for something better give em a try you will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0
I'm also surprised how good the stock headphones sound. I found that if you experiment with the three different sizes of ear buds that came with the headphones, and get the right fit, they sound even better. For me, the larger ones really helped improve the bass. The tighter fit, allows for better bass reinforcement.

Upvote 0
I'm also surprised how good the stock headphones sound. I found that if you experiment with the three different sizes of ear buds that came with the headphones, and get the right fit, they sound even better. For me, the larger ones really helped improve the bass. The tighter fit, allows for better bass reinforcement.

AGREED. When I first put them in my ear I was like how in the hell do they fit? But I squeezed them in and the bass is definitely enhanced. Listening to DeadMau5 right now and its BUMPIN' lol

I've had my phone for over a month and totally cast these headphones to the side thinking they were crap. Only until today that I read this thread and decided to break them back out.

And to think I was going to get another pair of iPod Headphones... SMH....

Upvote 0
I do have to admit as many of you have already done so. For stock, these are really good wired headsets. What upsets me is that I've gone through 5 exchange phones on the Epic 4g failure and I could have kept all the headsets and at least 4 of the 16GB SD cards. Normally I wouldn't even be thinking that way but the way Sprint has treated me or should I say basically just kept passing me off it would have at least made it somewhat worth the trouble.

My phone still isn't working as it should be which in all fairness should be at least lets say 70% of the time. I spend over half of the battery just trying to get everything back in working order. If I ever have to shut the phone off for any reason it makes me want to throw the phone off a high cliff. I finally gave up and found this place and researching what others have done, outside of rooting my phone I've been able to get it to the 70% mark which has just been in the last day or so.

It's very disappointing how Samsung and Sprint have just decided to not give their customers much thought anymore. It's as if they're planning on closing their doors and don't care. I recently saw some numbers on what the exec's get and the negative numbers associated with helping the customers and it was shocking.

Okay, I've strayed and I apologize. But I'm ranting all over the place because this is the second time I've allowed both companies to give me the screws. Thanks for listening and please, don't beat me up too much. I'm a new Android/Smartphone inductee.

Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones