• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Internet Browser not working after ICS

darkone69

May 25, 2010
Has anyone else experienced the Browser no longer working after ICS. When i say not working i mean, click on the world app and the screen goes white then blacks out and then returns to home screen. Other browsers work fine, but i prefered the stock browser.

Anyone managed to fix it?

Try Chrome beta, it's the best browser. AS for the stock browser, try to clear data and clear cache from the app manager window.

I was about to say the same thing about clearing cache/data. Also, I tried Chrome, but it had some issues on some pages that cause it to lock up. I'll try it again later, but I'm extremely happy with Samsung's updated browser. Like Chrome, it syncs with your Google account, so I get my bookmarks shared across platforms (although I don't think it opens active windows like Chrome does). They even finally added an exit button, sort of. Just go to tabs/pages and close the last one, and it will close the browser.

However, I do have some issues with the stock browser. First, no home button. Second, they still have a separate brightness control, which is beyond stupid. At least give us the option to lock it to system brightness!

Upvote 0
I got it to work by backing up all my apps and data then doing a reset. This not only sorted out the stock browser, but also my bookmark apps and a few other niggles.

Now i just need to figure out why the slide lockscreen has a padlock and 4 directions arrows when you long press. It would have been nice if they added 4 apps you could go straight too from the lockscreen.

Reactions: baldmosher
Upvote 0
I got it to work by backing up all my apps and data then doing a reset. This not only sorted out the stock browser, but also my bookmark apps and a few other niggles.

Now i just need to figure out why the slide lockscreen has a padlock and 4 directions arrows when you long press. It would have been nice if they added 4 apps you could go straight too from the lockscreen.

It is always recommended to do a reset after ROM changes, I have advised this countless times, but most think of it as just a hassle.

The lockscreen swipe looks different as now you can swipe in any direction to unlock, and not just linearly. It's a universal ICS upgrade.

Certain lockscreen apps do allow you to add widgets or launch 4 or more apps straight from the lockscreen.

@Medion
Ya Chrome on android is still in beta and has few bugs (as expected). Hope they fix it soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones