• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Do you all realize that Seekdroid and those other apps have like less than 1% chance of finding your phone?

First, your phone needs to be on. Second, you need to have service. Don't forget that a thief could easily remove the SIM card and would render these apps useless. Even if the GPS could work, if it was in a building like a house, the GPS would never connect.

Still a chance. And it could help with a lost, not stolen phone.

Upvote 0
What about a master reset? Would it delete the app? I wanna be sure because I live in a very unsecure country. Ive got 3 phones stolen already and I am always worried with my Inspire.
Well it turns out I had to uninstall AndroidLost. It set my screen timeout to *1 second* and wouldn't let it go. It made the phone unuseable. There was a setting on the website to adjust that but it had no effect. Oh well, I'll just keep the insurance paid.

Upvote 0
If my phone was bought in Singapore and I lost it at the international Airport. I realise the imei number can be blocked for Singapore but does that work world wide. So if someone finds my phone and takes it out of the country can the just do a factory reset and use their own sim card? or will Singapore IMEI block work anywhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones