• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop bashing the Droid!

Well this has got to be just about the stupidest thread ever. I mean really.
So people are bashing the Droid. Boo-hoo. So what. Whatever little snot-nosed rich kid shithead can afford a brand new smart phone of his choice as soon as it rolls off the production line, more power to him, just stay away from me. I hate that crap, and it's not due to envy.
When someone has to earn that giant chunk of change to plunk down on a new piece of technology like the Droid, they do the reasearch first. That's exactly why my wife & I never did the iPhone thing. We work too damned hard for our $500. So when some moron comes on here & rips on the Droid, on a Droid forum, just tell him to go pi$$ up a rope, that's all.
I don't know who you are, kowboy, but to have re-registered as another username just to start this thread is about as idiotic as the thread itself.
Reminds me of the "Leave Brittany Alone" YouTube video.

Upvote 0
Ever since the Nexus-1 has come out, I've noticed a great deal of Nexus envy on the part of many Droid owners. This has to stop. There are going to be dozens of Android phones released over the next year, each one claiming to be better than the next. At this moment, the Droid is still the best Android phone on the market in my opinion. I know that the Nexus has a "faster" processor, but I haven't seen evidence yet that the features are any faster than the Droid and if they are, my guess is it will be marginal.

The Droid is still the best Android phone with a physical keyboard. I personally use the keyboard, I know that not everyone feels the same way. Yes, we need to get 2.1 on the Droid.

As a Droid owner at least for the next 2 years, the best thing we can do is "encourage" Motorola to improve on the base Android system to keep the Droid at the forefront of software technology.

Just to get started here are some things Motorola could do to separate the Droid from the pack -

1) Add Multitouch to the Droid or create Multitouch applications
2) Create a great music player for Droid only
3) License content (movies, music) and provide for free with the Droid
4) License one of the home screen replacements and make it the Droid default

Real Droid problems should be addressed however, many of the Droid problems being reported are actually Android problems being assigned to the Droid.

Instead of bashing the Droid, lets encourage a strong community to get us the best product possible.

-- Kowboy

What does any of this have to do with Motorola? They provided the hardware, the logo when you start the phone and some of the ringtones...otherwise it's all Android OS.

Want a good music player get MixZing...want a good home screen go to the market there are several to choose from, want multitouch........well if you want the stock stuff to do that you will have to root and add the milestone apps...but it is possible. Otherwise again, GO TO THE MARKET! Droid and N! are pretty identical, except Droid has more memory, a better screen and a keyboard.

Upvote 0
What does any of this have to do with Motorola? They provided the hardware, the logo when you start the phone and some of the ringtones...otherwise it's all Android OS.

Want a good music player get MixZing...want a good home screen go to the market there are several to choose from, want multitouch........well if you want the stock stuff to do that you will have to root and add the milestone apps...but it is possible. Otherwise again, GO TO THE MARKET! Droid and N! are pretty identical, except Droid has more memory, a better screen and a keyboard.

HTC Sense incorporates a lot of these features and comes with the HTC phones. It's nice not to have to download a bunch of apps to replicate many of the features of it.

It would be nice if Moto put their own stamp on the OS as well, but not necessary.

Upvote 0
In my personal experience with htc developed and mfg. Phones I can honesly say that if having the choice between the motorola droid and the N1 on the same network and same price that I would choose the motorola. I have bhad 3 previous htc win-mo phones (touch, touch diamond, touch pro)and all of them had battery issues(poor battery life) over-heating problems when running streaming internet music or doing major browsing and many more issues that made me say no more htc phones. I am glad that motorola has come out with a phone that I can run bluetooth, gps and browse the web without having the phone heat up and eventually the battery dies or loses so much life it needs to be put on a charger where you can't continue to use because it will stay too hot to charge. End of rant....

But point is both phones are very capable and have their advantages but my choice is the droid for the network and not being htc mfg.

Upvote 0
Droid is the best phone i've ever owned, i tell some and they are amazed cause they know i like phones, i tell others and they tell me iphone is far superior, i usually try to combat them, but they just keep going with this and that and verizon and motorola... wish the knew apples history, its not like its not rocky.

but on android vs android, they are all great phones but our droids are pretty slick!

Upvote 0
Well this has got to be just about the stupidest thread ever. I mean really.
So people are bashing the Droid. Boo-hoo. So what. Whatever little snot-nosed rich kid shithead can afford a brand new smart phone of his choice as soon as it rolls off the production line, more power to him, just stay away from me. I hate that crap, and it's not due to envy.
When someone has to earn that giant chunk of change to plunk down on a new piece of technology like the Droid, they do the reasearch first. That's exactly why my wife & I never did the iPhone thing. We work too damned hard for our $500. So when some moron comes on here & rips on the Droid, on a Droid forum, just tell him to go pi$$ up a rope, that's all.
I don't know who you are, kowboy, but to have re-registered as another username just to start this thread is about as idiotic as the thread itself.
Reminds me of the "Leave Brittany Alone" YouTube video.

This ladies and gentlemen is exactly the reason why I and others don't participate in forums like this. Know-it-all immature people who think they are the final word on everything. I did not re-register as a new username to make the original posting, this was my first post ever to this forum. I've read the forum for several months and thought I had something to contribute. Of course, PsychoKitty's rant about nothing contributed zero to this discussion. But that doesn't stop him from criticizing my posting. You must lead a rich fantasy life "PsychoKitty" because you made all kinds of accusations about me in your posting, none of which have anything to do with reality or anything I stated in my original posting. You know nothing about me and you didn't understand my posting.

The point of this post was not to attack or even draw attention to people who were bashing the Droid, it was to encourage the Droid community to push Motorola to enhance a great phone.

Sorry you missed the point, I guess you were too busy pi$$ing up a Rope! (what's with the $ signs anyway?)

--kowboy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones