• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stopping the data on my RAZR

As a truck driver I have to drive in USA and Canada so my voice plan is Nationwide+Canada but data plan is only USA. So right before entering Canada I uncheck in settings "data enabled" and "background data".
As soon I do that a message that warn me that data access could cost me a fortune is popping up every few minutes. The most bothering thing is that the message comes with a stupid beep which is really annoying.
When the message pops is like: Allow data Access? And gives two options Deny data acces for this trip vs Allow data access for this trip.
Of course is checked the one with Deny but for the phone it really doesn't matter coz it keeps beeping and popping this message.

There is any way I can get rid of this ? Is popping even when I talk on the phone or play a game or surf the web and right in the middle of what I was doing is popping this crap.
If I root the phone can I get rid of this bug(is obvious is a bug).

I would be thankful for any kind of input.

Thanx for input and suggestions gents. I tried anything u told me and anything that came into my mind. Nothing works.
It is an annoying bug and Monday I will call Verizon tech support to see if they have a better approach of the situation.
The message keeps telling me that I will pay extra if I go online from Canada so many time is like my life would be in a real danger or something. And I start to hate that repeated beep.
The "best" solution I found is to mute my phone and just check it visual from time to time for lost calls or such.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones