• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage configuration on your infinity?

I have a TF700T with the keyboard dock.

I bought the 32 GB on board model, and I also have a 32 GB micro SD card sitting in the side of the tablet. I see an SD card slot on the keyboard, which I am not currently using.

As I have recently learned how to trans-code my DVDs and load them on the tablet, I now want to expand my storage capacity. I was thinking about adding a 64 GB SD card, and would likely being playing videos, perhaps HD, off it.

Here is the model I was looking at.

Amazon.com: SanDisk SDSDRH-064G-A11 64GB ULTRA SDXC Card: Electronics

Are any of you using the SD card slot on the keyboard in addition to the Micro SD? Any gotchas I should be looking out for ?

Many thanks indeed.

I bought the 32GiB version when I learned that the costlier 64GiB version's microSD port only supported 32GB (ie. non-XC) cards. Don't know if it's true, but with removable media I can always upgrade.

I have a 64MB Class 10 microSDXC card in the tablet. I already had some Class 10 64GB full size SDXC cards that I use with my camcorder, and they work fine in the keyboard/dock.

If only it could play back the native 25MB/s AVCHD from my camera. It does play a 1080p30 video at 1.5MB/s H.264 file pretty well though.

Since I'm using my SDXC cards for pro video, I want the highest rated media that I can afford. But it's obvious that the TF700T can't take full advantage of my media. Does anyone know the top class that the TF700T supports? Or a utility that could tell me? Maybe it's somewhere in /proc or /sys. I could see buying a bunch of cheaper cards to save movies, TV shows etc. on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones