• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange Desire Contacts Problem

I have a strange problem with contacts on my HTC Desire.

When I enter a contact I enter the name and phone number and save it.

When that person calls me their name is displayed which is good :)

However, if I go back and edit that contact again, say to add an email address, the phone number is blank. If I save it then the phone number is gone.. and "C.21" appears next to their name in the list of contacts when dialing.

I've tried re-entering the telephone number and it reappears in the call history but whenever I view or edit the contact the telephone number is gone.

Any sugestions?

It seemed to make no difference. I tried editing a google, sim and phone contact and the problem was evident in all 3.

I decided to update my Google contacts with all the data on my sim card and then deleted all SIM entries and hard reset the phone.

When I restarted the phone I signed into google and it downloaded my contacts and they appear to be working fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones