• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange error message in Marshmallow

Motologger

Lurker
Mar 18, 2016
I've posted this to the Lenovo forums but haven't found a solution.

After I upgraded my Moto G (Gen 2) to Marshmallow, I started getting the error message shown below. This error pops up if the screen has been off for a few minutes (as little as one or two minutes). When the screen comes on after I press the power button, I see the error message in front of my login screen. The error display gives me a clickable "OK" button. I click OK and everything is fine. Sometimes the same message pops up while I'm using the device... again I click OK and keep going. So it doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it is annoying.

After I leave the phone on overnight (I leave the phone on and charge it), the message shows numerous times in a column with a single OK button at the bottom.

It's always exactly the same error message.

I've tried a factory reset and booting in safe mode. No change. I still get the error.

Can anyone suggest a remedy or some other debugging activities?

Help!!

Thanks

Here's a screen capture of the message
Screenshot_20160313-150506 (2).png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones