1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange error message in Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Motologger, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Motologger

Motologger Lurker

I've posted this to the Lenovo forums but haven't found a solution.

After I upgraded my Moto G (Gen 2) to Marshmallow, I started getting the error message shown below. This error pops up if the screen has been off for a few minutes (as little as one or two minutes). When the screen comes on after I press the power button, I see the error message in front of my login screen. The error display gives me a clickable "OK" button. I click OK and everything is fine. Sometimes the same message pops up while I'm using the device... again I click OK and keep going. So it doesn't seem to cause any problems, but it is annoying.

After I leave the phone on overnight (I leave the phone on and charge it), the message shows numerous times in a column with a single OK button at the bottom.

It's always exactly the same error message.

I've tried a factory reset and booting in safe mode. No change. I still get the error.

Can anyone suggest a remedy or some other debugging activities?

Help!!

Thanks

Here's a screen capture of the message
    Screenshot_20160313-150506 (2).png

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

Is your phone root-ed?

... Thom

3. Motologger

Motologger Lurker

Thanks for responding Thom. No, it's not rooted.

4. Motologger

Motologger Lurker

Well.. I can't be sure, but it looks like my problem went away. This morning I stopped getting the message noted above. There were a couple of Google updates overnight... Google Play and (I think it was) Google Docs. No other changes of which I'm aware. We'll see if the "fix" sticks. :rolleyes:

Thom likes this.

Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen) release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews