• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange IQ notification on Lock Screen

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I did some research but I wasn't able to find an answer... does anybody know what the small IQ on the notification bar means (upper left corner)? It has been showing there in the last days, but seems not to be connected to apps (at least not that I've been able to find), and has no additional notification when scrolling down...

Thanks a lot for your help

****Update****

Could it be something related with the roaming and services (callerID,...)? Does anybody experience the same?

Attachments

• _20170921_095127.JPG
    _20170921_095127.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
An icon should have an entry in the notification pulldown...Very odd

A bit of googling around
Do you happen to own a Garmin Smart Watch?
SignInLogin.png

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001815503-Garmin-Watch
https://www.programmableweb.com/new...uth-to-wearables/sponsored-content/2016/12/05

Years ago there used to be a nasty, carrier/manufacturer installed, borderline spyware/"middleware", called CarrierIQ. It ran invisible in the background - never had an icon or notification that I am aware of. It was basically banned in the U.S. and resulted in a class action lawsuit

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input, i do not have a Garmin SW, i found that as well between the results on Google.

I went through process check and all the standard investigation process, but I start thinking this could be a weird way of the Telenor Carrier Provider in Sweden to identify themself (normally in that position there is Vodafone witten when i'm home)... It's the only thing that popped up on my mind...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones