1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange IQ notification on Lock Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Giuseppe Gullo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Giuseppe Gullo

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I did some research but I wasn't able to find an answer... does anybody know what the small IQ on the notification bar means (upper left corner)? It has been showing there in the last days, but seems not to be connected to apps (at least not that I've been able to find), and has no additional notification when scrolling down...

Thanks a lot for your help

****Update****

Could it be something related with the roaming and services (callerID,...)? Does anybody experience the same?

Attached Files:

#1 Giuseppe Gullo, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert

An icon should have an entry in the notification pulldown...Very odd

A bit of googling around
    Do you happen to own a Garmin Smart Watch?
    [​IMG]
    https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001815503-Garmin-Watch
    https://www.programmableweb.com/new...uth-to-wearables/sponsored-content/2016/12/05

Years ago there used to be a nasty, carrier/manufacturer installed, borderline spyware/"middleware", called CarrierIQ. It ran invisible in the background - never had an icon or notification that I am aware of. It was basically banned in the U.S. and resulted in a class action lawsuit

#2 PyroSporker, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  3. Giuseppe Gullo

Thanks for the input, i do not have a Garmin SW, i found that as well between the results on Google.

I went through process check and all the standard investigation process, but I start thinking this could be a weird way of the Telenor Carrier Provider in Sweden to identify themself (normally in that position there is Vodafone witten when i'm home)... It's the only thing that popped up on my mind...

HTC U11 Forum

The HTC U11 release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews