1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

strange problem with my micro-sd flash memory

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by maneff, Aug 9, 2011.

1. maneff

maneff Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    E79
    Hi there.
    I have a really strange issue with my sd-card. It just cleans up (formats itself) with no audible reason. I am not sure but this happens almost every month. I actually forget to make backup of it every time so it's my bad but I really think this is not right.

my phone: LG p350 (optimus me) rooted, no custom ROM; installed SD-booster and set it to 4096; installed swapper [but this is not the problem]

my micro-sd card is a standart micro sd card with speed ~8MiB/s

The preferred cluster size from me is 8k so I formatted to 8k from the beginning. The strange thing is that after it formatted itself it actually was formatted to 4k cluster. That's strange, because I never use that size. No matter if I format the card to 4k the problem's not solved. Also I believe the sd-booster app is not the problem because this happened to me before I bought my Android device.

I am not pretty sure what is causing this data loss but can say that before it happened (last time -> today) I was downloading and streaming several video files (mp4) from the net via Wifi. Yes I did a strong multi-tasking but really can't tell when exactly does this happen.
    *Also.... I found my files were missing (again) after I plugged the usb cable and mounted the sd card to my computer. The most strange thing was that after I removed the cable, after loading the sd-card my phone actually HAD some of the data somehow (like.... My APPS were there and accessible but the pictures/videos/music was gone). Actually I couldn't see the apps to my ROOT directory of my SD card !!! and that was kind'a scary ! And yeah.... when I mounted again the sd-card to my laptop it was clean (with just some folders that were created automaticly).
    On this laptop (@work) I have NokiaPCSuit which sucks a lot but other people uses it. I hope this is not the problem and nokiaPCsuite is not formating my SD because if it does, I am looking forward for suing that company :p

After all
    *I had formatted my sd-card several times (including a full format)
    *I had this problem with another phone but the same sd-card
    *I don't have software to my computer that could make this happen, no viruses, no nothing
    *I am a power user and know how to search for issues and so but I can't actually help myself (yet)

So... please people, if you have any suggestion what should I do to stop that terrible disappearing of my stuff I am open to hear them.

pp. My English is not that good as you might expect but I am trying to make it better

PLEASE Help me people, I am so confused

Advertisement

2. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Sounds like your SD card itself might be defective. Have you tried another one?