1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Strange voice problem with Navigator

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I gave the standard google navigator a go on the way home from work yesterday.

All seemed fine when suddenly it started talking in a strange synthesized voice, and it was saying things like
    "HTTP/www.??????/synthesised/XML"......
    over and over

It seemed to do this every time it needed to talk about a direction, and this sort of voice would say these things for about a minute or so and eventually shut up until another comment to turn was required.

I went into all apps to look into clearing Navigator cache/data, but there is no entry for this in there???

Its a long shot I know, but has anyone come across something similar before?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. techsanne

techsanne Lurker

I just got an unlocked Galaxy S2 and my navigation program has done this the two times I've used it. Makes the navigation turn-by-turn information totally unusable. Did you ever find out what to do to make it stop?

3. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Navigator is part of the google maps app as far as I know, so clearing the cache for maps might help.

Worth a shot :)

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Solution is to use the Pico speech engine.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews