• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stream Audio home wifi Network

D

Deleted User

HI,

I can't seem to find an application that will allow me to stream audio files
directly from my pc or ftp server or other server.

The only similar app I found is gmote which is so minimal its not worth using if you want to stream to your phone.

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to set up a server on my pc and
then stream the audio directly to my phone without use of an external site e.g
orb etc.

And also I don't want t pay for this as I would have imagined it a pretty standard feature. and would be very surprised if it does not exist.

Thanks in advance

There is one app, that I would highly recommend for this feature, it's called "Audiogalaxy". It does exactly what you are asking and does it well, in my opinion. Also, depending on which phone you have(the newer, the better), you will eventually be able to use the new Google Music app which does this also. Currently the Google app is in beta, which means it's not available to everyone at this time, and is only accessible by Android tablet users only. If you can't wait for Google Music and want to try something now, I would go with Audiogalaxy. By the way, it's free. And if you want to access your music from the web, you can also do this from their site.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reponses,

I found an app called 2player, it works quite nicely with my windows 7 laptop, so I will try it with my windows 7 desktop tonight too but I believe it will be fine.

I will also check out the apps you have suggested too. I was very surprised that it was so hard to find. I can't imagine users that aren't that good with techy stuff could find this software that easily.

I have a rooted x8 running foyo, I tried gingerbread but I couldn't use htc ime mod keyboard. which I think the x8 is pretty much useless to me without.

Upvote 0
Hey

Think I'm lookin for a similar app. I want an app to stream my music from my itunes on my home wifi net work 2 my phone in another room (not 2 download or sync music 2 my phone). I tried Truesync which does everything I want but crashes repeatedly on my galaxy note n7000, so need another app. I tried 2player but my phone doesnt find anyother devices like my laptop. Any other apps that do this out there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones