• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Streaming Pandora to Airplay device

vortex2450

Lurker
Sep 13, 2012
So I finally updated from a basic phone to a Gingerbread (2.3.4) LG Optimus Slider.

I want to use this for a variety of thing but my biggest goal for the moment is as stated.

I listen to Pandora 90% of the time for my music. So I want to be able to stream from my Pandora app from this phone via wi-fi to the AirPlay enabled Pioneer VSX-1211-k in the living room. This would give me control of the music where-ever I am in the house.

So I am still having troubles finding out exactly how to go about this. Google searches are inconclusive. Some mention AirSync from doubletwist. Other's mention using musicality but that requires using a browser.

So is there any proven way to enable AirPlay from the Pandora app?

On an iPhone isn't simply the matter of pulling the volume up and switching output devices so I want to mimic this.

Any help is awesome!

-Josh

I've tried a few apps in the Play Store (Twonky, Honey Player) and nothing really works for what you are looking to do unfortunately.

You could do this from a PC or Mac with Airfoil, but I don't think anyone has developed an app that works consistently to do this. I've used Airfoil on my mediaserver and run Pandora through to an Airport Express successfully so I would imagine it works with your Airplay AVR.

Another cheaper option would be simply running a 3.5mm to RCA from the phone into the AVR and just running the Pandora app. Not ideal, but it does the job.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones