• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck at Hello screen

etechgeek24

Jul 27, 2013
A friend asked me to fix their Virgin Mobile Venture phone. It won't do anything on battery (I believe it's dead), but when plugged in, it will usually charge for a second or two and say Hello onscreen. Then the screen turns off and back on to the Hello prompt. This cycle repeats indefinitely. They did not root the phone, however it looks a little worn down. I have attempted access with adb and fastboot, but neither display the device. When I hold Power + Volume Up, the screen goes black and Windows attempts to find a JukeB driver, to no avail on the computer or Windows Update. Any ideas?

As I said, I would deduce that it will also not operate properly with a failed battery.

That aside, after further thought, I think I may have had a similar problem and the solution was to switch batteries with another Venture and charge the flat (but not malfunctioning) battery in the other Venture, which was willing to charge an unfamiliar battery. An external standalone charger might work too, and may be a couple bucks less than a second Venture (or not, the Venture is pretty darn cheap).

Reactions: etechgeek24
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones