1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stuck at Hello screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by etechgeek24, Jul 30, 2013.

1. etechgeek24

etechgeek24 Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    A friend asked me to fix their Virgin Mobile Venture phone. It won't do anything on battery (I believe it's dead), but when plugged in, it will usually charge for a second or two and say Hello onscreen. Then the screen turns off and back on to the Hello prompt. This cycle repeats indefinitely. They did not root the phone, however it looks a little worn down. I have attempted access with adb and fastboot, but neither display the device. When I hold Power + Volume Up, the screen goes black and Windows attempts to find a JukeB driver, to no avail on the computer or Windows Update. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    The Venture won't operate on plugged-in power alone, it requires a battery or it won't even try to boot. From that experience, I would deduce that it will also not operate properly with a failed battery.

3. etechgeek24

etechgeek24 Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    There IS a battery in there, but it's dead. Trying to charge it puts it in the Hello loop.

4. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    As I said, I would deduce that it will also not operate properly with a failed battery.

That aside, after further thought, I think I may have had a similar problem and the solution was to switch batteries with another Venture and charge the flat (but not malfunctioning) battery in the other Venture, which was willing to charge an unfamiliar battery. An external standalone charger might work too, and may be a couple bucks less than a second Venture (or not, the Venture is pretty darn cheap).

etechgeek24 likes this.
  5. etechgeek24

etechgeek24 Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    Soo... this whole issue is a dead battery? :/

I don't know anyone else that has this phone, so I guess it can't be done without a new Venture, or a external charger (which probably costs more)

Thanks for the help!

6. etechgeek24

etechgeek24 Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    UPDATE: I managed to get it on by shoving in my Kyocera Rise battery in it in just the right spot. The challenge is to get the reverse to work...