• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in CRM... HELP

Beel

Lurker
Apr 13, 2011
Im attempting to flash Bonsai4.

I get into CWM and i load update.zip text goes orange and i do what i was taught which is to 1st wipe data/factory reset (this is after a backup initially), then i wipe cashe partition, (it gives 4 messages saying E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log [twice] then E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log [twice]) then when i go to "install zip from sdcard" -> "chose zip from sdcard" -> Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip it begins and it looks like this :

-- Installing: /sdcard/Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-D700" || getprop(ro.build.product") == "SPH-D700"
E:Error in /sdcard/Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

then it brings me to the 4 options of "apply /sdcard/update.zip" , "chose zip from sdcard" .... and at the top it says to "apply update from .zip file on SD card" so when i attempt to do so and select yes it loads some lines i cant read fast enough then it brings me back to "reboot system now" ... and at the bottom it still says

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

getting anoyed with this...

and im somewhat new to rooting, ive done a lot of research but not too much into the actual doing :D

thanks guys n' gals!

Im attempting to flash Bonsai4.

I get into CWM and i load update.zip text goes orange and i do what i was taught which is to 1st wipe data/factory reset (this is after a backup initially), then i wipe cashe partition, (it gives 4 messages saying E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log [twice] then E:Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log [twice]) then when i go to "install zip from sdcard" -> "chose zip from sdcard" -> Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip it begins and it looks like this :

-- Installing: /sdcard/Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-D700" || getprop(ro.build.product") == "SPH-D700"
E:Error in /sdcard/Bonsai4All_Leafless_v4.0.1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

then it brings me to the 4 options of "apply /sdcard/update.zip" , "chose zip from sdcard" .... and at the top it says to "apply update from .zip file on SD card" so when i attempt to do so and select yes it loads some lines i cant read fast enough then it brings me back to "reboot system now" ... and at the bottom it still says

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

getting anoyed with this...

and im somewhat new to rooting, ive done a lot of research but not too much into the actual doing :D

thanks guys n' gals!

You are going to have to start over unfortunately. Also you will want to use cwm3. 0.0. 5/6 as well. They seem to be having some issues with the newer version playing well with the rom you are trying to install. See this thread for more details - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1031631. Hope this helps:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones