• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sudden Android restart

The android system on my phone keeps restarting in the middle of an app.When the problem accures, it looks like the phone turns off copletely (the huawei sign comes on, then my background and then I have to fill in the pin number, enter my pattern and then it says that Android is restarting. But my history of apps is gone) does anyone knows either this problem is a bug in the software or its by an app that fails?

Possibly, but it shouldn't be easy for a non Play Store app to crash a phone either. If the crash can happen in safe mode you can rule out all of your apps, wherever they are installed from.

Overheating could crash the device, which is why I raised that question. Of course phones are supposed to throttle first in order to prevent the temperature reaching the shutdown point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones