• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Lag... Freezing

DCBlueStar

Mar 6, 2011
www.dcbluestar.com
I have a Optimus V with 2.2.1... and I haven't made any changes as far as installing apps or anything... the only thing I do is the regular texting and email checking... and I use Quick Settings daily which hasn't been a problem...

Now my phone lags and freezes. I sometimes have to take out the battery to reboot it, and then it just does it again.

The only thing I noticed before I noticed the lag was that the battery took FOREVER to charge... Not the NORMAL eternity, but longer.

What gives?

Anyone? Still occurring. I thought it would quick, til my boss called and I got disconnected, tried to call him back and had to restart the phone, knowing him he probably was mad if he kept trying to call...

This is the 2nd phone I have had, I got my original the 5th of March, had to take it back on the 7th and swap it because the wiring was swapped on my buttons... now I'm starting to think they got a bad batch.

Upvote 0
Anyone? Still occurring. I thought it would quick, til my boss called and I got disconnected, tried to call him back and had to restart the phone, knowing him he probably was mad if he kept trying to call...

This is the 2nd phone I have had, I got my original the 5th of March, had to take it back on the 7th and swap it because the wiring was swapped on my buttons... now I'm starting to think they got a bad batch.

Seeing you do not have a lot of apps try to restore to factory if that does not work get a replacement.

Upvote 0
Just called Best Buy and told them the deal about how this is my second phone, yadda yadda yadda... They don't have one in now, but he's transferring one in for me and is gonna swap it out. Gr.

They are pretty good about replacing phones,i purchased my blackberry from them and it froze solid and took it back for an exchange,VM also offered to replace the phone 7 months after purchase when it kept shutting down,but at that point i grew tired with blackberry and purchased optimus V,and so glad i did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones