• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root superuser permissions not working! :(

Ok your asking 2 questions with very little information so I'll do the best I can. When you type su in terminal emulator does it say permission denied? If not then you have root. Do you have the wireless tether app installed? How about a wifi tether compatible kernel? Busybox? What happens when you open the wifi tether app? Does it say anything?

Upvote 0
uhh sorry im not good with technological terms ><;
what do u mean by what rom im running?

some of the most common ones are bugless beast, Simply Stunning, Smoked Glass, Ultimate Droid, Cyanogenmod, Droidmod and more past that.

Its possible you arent even running a rom at all and are just rooted. But without knowing what if any rom/os version you are running I cant recommend a kernel without a good chance of you getting stuck in a boot loop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones