• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root swap internal and external memory card positions?

ShanDroyd

Jun 11, 2011
:D back in my Droid X2 days, and even as recently as on the Droid RAZR/Maxx, you could easily swap the position of your memory cards as to trick your phone into thinking your external/removable SD card was the primary memory. All this required was to reboot with bootstrap, and flash the file, and all was good. ;)

I have the original old flash / .zip file but not sure if it will safely work with the RAZR M. :thinking:

:mad: Further more, I can find a working bootstrap for the "M", and I tried "SafeStrap" but was unsuccessful as I did not want to create a whole new partition and flash a new rom. ( I am not really a fan of SafeStrap so far:( )

Any input?

Thanks

Wow. I had a Droid X and read on this site(LOTS of posts in the past 2 years with that phone) . I rooted and ROMd and also sbf'd it and do not remember seeing about doing that. That's interesting. Would be nice to be able to do.

Not sure if this worked on the X, but for sure on the x2.
do a search on sd swap or switch. Its pretty easy to find.

Or now I am using GL2SD and it works for most games.
I have a
64gb sd card and its half used already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones