• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help swype doesn't autospace for SMS

You have a different phone, the last post in this thread was almost 6 months old and the solution to the problem was released with a phone update (for the phone this post relates to) before the last post in the thread. Not to mention, the problem wasn't getting Swype ENABLED (as you describe how to enable Swype), it was a bug with Swype or the OS on the device, which has been patched.

I really don't INTEND to be mean, I realize you're new to the site (welcome), please notice that there are subsections for each phone model. Issues such as this one are generally phone-specific and are in a section for that phone for a reason.

Perhaps Dan's reply was in the wrong place but i'm very glad it was as this thread seems to be the one that a google search regarding this problem pulls up, and his suggestion worked for me! :p

My phone would not auto-insert a space between words in the stock android sms app until I long-held the text field and reselected swype. A quick solution to a very annoying problem.

Just wanted to leave some validation to Dan's fix in a place others might come across it and offer my thanks!

Genuine and sincere apologies if this too is in the wrong place >.<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones