• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync facebook contacts into HTC Legend

frankaaskov

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Hey all!

I have a problem. My new legend do not sync my Facebook contacts into the phone. I have click sync contacts under Settings-->Accounts & Sync-->Facebook for HTC sense-->Sync Contacts, but when i look in my phone book, there are no contacts from facebook.

I have also made sure that I can view the facebook contacts by clicking it in People --> Menu-->view-->Facebook (0).

What's the problem?

My phone:
HTC Legend - Android 2.1 with HTC Sense.

try signing in with a different facebook account...

i have the same problem you have and sync works fine with a different facebook account... just not my own.

i do have a large number of contacts and someone on another thread mentioned this can cause problems.

i repeatedly get an error message that says 'com.htc.g has stopped unexpectedly'

anybody that has a solution for this prob... please reply.

p.s. yes have tried uninstalled facebook for android and htc sense from my facebook account and then resyncing...

Upvote 0
Okay, quick question.

Can I use the FriendStream, or the basic FB App, WITHOUT syncing FB contacts to my phone. I want to be able to check FB updates, etc. But I don't want a bunch of names/crap in my Contact/People list.

Can I choose only specific people that I want to sync with FB? Or will it Sync all FB contacts?

Upvote 0
Has any one figured a way around this as yet ???

I had a problem on the HTC where the phone gets stick in the hands-free mode (assumes that I have plugged the headset/mic in when I have not)... this cause me to miss calls... HTC support asked me to do a factory reset...

Factory reset did not fix the problem.. and now I cannot update Facebook contacts... WTF.... HTC support is quiet useless....

Sorted the handsfree issue by installing the Headset toggle switch from google...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones