• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

synchronizing

sniper8752

Jun 30, 2010
would you use outlook to sync your contacts and calendar? i never really liked this program, but if i must, i can... and also, when i synced contacts, i only received 8, and i have a lot more than that... is it just pulling it only from the phone or the sim card? why is it not moving all of them?

would you use outlook to sync your contacts and calendar? i never really liked this program, but if i must, i can... and also, when i synced contacts, i only received 8, and i have a lot more than that... is it just pulling it only from the phone or the sim card? why is it not moving all of them?
Have you tried using Thunderbird? It's pretty straight forward. You can download it at mozilla.org.

Upvote 0
There are several ways to put your contacts on the phone. Now, keep in mind, your contact list is different on this phone. Its a real time synchronized Google contacts list. When I put my sim card into this phone and coppied my contacts to this phone I had 2 set of contacts. 1 on phone and 1 on sim card. When I logged my google acount(Gmail) to the phone it added my gmail contacts. So now I had triple duplicates and email addresses all mixed together. This gave me much confusion. So what I did to remedy it(and there may be easier ways) is deleted the contacts on phone. To do this go to "people" hit menu,view and choose phone. now you have the list stored on phone. Delete all. So now you still have sim contacts and google contacts(mostly email addresses for me) Now goto "people" hit menu,import/export, and choose import from sd card. It will ask you if you want to import them to phone or google. Choose google. Now Delete the sim contacts(I know scary but dont worry) the way you deleted the phone contacts. Now you have 1 list, and you can edit them from your gmail contact list(on computer if ya want),put them in groups easily, and merge the email addresse to the appropriate contact.
I just posted that in another thread 2 seconds ago lol copy/paste...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones