• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing contacts and calendar from Treo650 to G1?

How would I be able to sync my contacts from the treo to the g1? I have a feeling its potentially not possible, and manual transfer is prohibitively time consuming... also I'm posting from the new G1. Faaaaannnncy.

I would think you have some method of exporting the contacts in your treo to x.csv type file ... Then using gmail on you computer import contacts and use that file as the source of the import ... Now power up the G1 goto to setting and data sync and sync your contacts ... this is one of the nice features of gmail and the G1 ... you can even auto-sync if you want ... or only sync when you want to ..
Hope that helps ..

Upvote 0
In the palm desktop File>export save the file to your drive somewhere then go to your Gmail account and look for the import link on the right. It will copy the business names as a note in the phone so all of your business numbers will show up as phone numbers on the phone and you have to manualy edit them and it will lose some of your contacts details. Like some of mine it deleted the name, or the email, or address. But it beats typing them all in. I had to correct about 15 numbers once they were in gmail contacts. Wish you luck man.:)

.csv is what I used I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones