• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Syncing frame rate between 2 phone's videos

enderx1x

Lurker
Jul 1, 2013
I want to track the flight of a tennis ball, and am hoping it is possible to do this with 2 Galaxy S3s. To do this I plan to take videos of the flight from 2 different angles and then go frame by frame to calculate where the tennis ball is. The problem is when taking 2 videos the frames do not occur at the same exact time from the different cameras.

Is it possible to connect the 2 phones so that they start taking the video at exactly the same time with the same frame rate?

I want to track the flight of a tennis ball, and am hoping it is possible to do this with 2 Galaxy S3s. To do this I plan to take videos of the flight from 2 different angles and then go frame by frame to calculate where the tennis ball is. The problem is when taking 2 videos the frames do not occur at the same exact time from the different cameras.

Is it possible to connect the 2 phones so that they start taking the video at exactly the same time with the same frame rate?

There is an app in the Play Store that does what I think you need. It allows you to record videos using multiple devices of the same event then synchronises the individual clips into one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...angles&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Upvote 0
Can the cameras be started by a voice command? Thats all i can think of and i doubt it would be very accurate

I can try this, but I agree that it would most likely not be very accurate. I am really hoping there is a way to do this through bluetooth, which would probably be the most accurate.

There is an app in the Play Store that does what I think you need. It allows you to record videos using multiple devices of the same event then synchronises the individual clips into one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...angles&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

It seems to me that this app takes multiple clips without worrying about whether there frame rates are synchronized and then meshes them together. In order to be able to find the 3d position of the ball, I would need to keep the multiple clips separate, and have each frame occur at the same time.

If there is a way to do this though bluetooth, it would probably be the most accurate

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones