1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Syncing only a subset of my Google Contacts in 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brianjd, May 20, 2010.

1. brianjd

brianjd Newbie

I have a long list of Google Contacts and only want to sync a subset of them to my Droid Eris. So, I created a "Phone" group in Google Contacts. Then on my Droid Eris (back when it was running 1.6) I was able to go "People" -> "Groups" -> "Menu" (or something like that) and select the "Phone" group as the only group from Google Contacts that would sync with my Droid Eris. Worked perfectly.

Now, after the 2.1 update I no longer have that option! I thought, "Maybe the option controls migrated somewhere else." I tried going "Menu" -> "Settings" -> "Accounts & Sync" -> "Google" and found nothing there as well.

Q: Am I missing something here? How can I just sync the "Phone" group from my Google Contacts with my Droid Eris which is now running 2.1?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brianjd

brianjd Newbie

Is this a poor question? Was it answered somewhere else already? I haven't found anything.

3. Hanwei

Hanwei Lurker

This was mentioned a few times in the huge "report your 2.1 bugs" thread... but I'll save you the headache of sifting through it.

Apparently, 2.1 gets rid of the ability to choose what contact group you can sync with.

So I ended up having to sync all 1000+ phone and email contacts in gmail... then I simply went into the "People" application... hit Menu/View and chose the "only show phone contacts" and only the contacts with phone numbers will show up.

I think that's about as far as you can go unfortunately.

4. brianjd

brianjd Newbie

That does help quite a bit. Thank you.

Unfortunate that Android 2.1 doesn't have that feature! :(

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews