1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Syncing with outlook

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John McDermott, Dec 4, 2010.

1. John McDermott

John McDermott New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Help! I used to have a Pocket PC device until a few months ago when I ditched it in favour of an HTC desire. I love the HTC apart from it doesn't sync well with outlook. What seems to happen when syncing is that multi-person meetings in outlook become appointments for just me in the android calendar which then overwrite the original multi-person appointment in Outlook. This is despite setting HTC sync to make the PC over-ride the phone when there is a conflict. I also get loads of duplicated appointments and contacts. Is there an alternative syncing and calendar software that I should use or will I have to ditch Android for WP7?

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

I've never heard of anyone having this specific issue till now. My Droid X seems to handle multiple person appointments quite well. I'd imagine that this must be a HTC specific issue. Try posting your question to the HTC Desire forum...

Desire - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. lancedriskell

lancedriskell Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Project Manager
    Alabama

Can you give me some instructions on doing a sync with my DX and outlook? do you use a certain program? the one i tried, cant remember which one, but it duplicated EVERYTHING.... dunno if it was a setting or not... but i scrapped it, now i'm double entering everything...