• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing with Windows 7 64 or 32 bit

peterc10

Android Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2010
UK
I am getting a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional tomorrow. I will have the choice of installing either the 32 or 64 bit version. I have a Hero running stock Android 2.1 that I sync with Outlook (2007). I have read in several posts here and elsewhere that some people have had problems syncing ith the 64 bit version. Is that still the case or can I install the 64 bit version and be able to Sync?

Has anybody had any other problems with Windows 7 because I could choose to downgrade to XP (which I am using at the moment)? I think that would probably be a retrograde step, but I do have some old legacy printers I use at present.

I am getting a new laptop with Windows 7 Professional tomorrow. I will have the choice of installing either the 32 or 64 bit version. I have a Hero running stock Android 2.1 that I sync with Outlook (2007). I have read in several posts here and elsewhere that some people have had problems syncing ith the 64 bit version. Is that still the case or can I install the 64 bit version and be able to Sync?

Has anybody had any other problems with Windows 7 because I could choose to downgrade to XP (which I am using at the moment)? I think that would probably be a retrograde step, but I do have some old legacy printers I use at present.

I have 7-64bit and while it didn't automatically work I was able to install the driver's manually. Unrevoked's or XDA's site has a easy walk through with everything you need can't remember which one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones