• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Movie/video icon Android

Doggedly

Lurker
Nov 28, 2018
Hey,

I am digging a bit and modifying the ROMs of my devices that also display video clips via my application. One thing annoys me. The moment when the system opens the object from the video. A terribly unattractive icon appears for a moment, stretched to the limit (attachment). I do not know where to look for it to replace it with something else or replace it with a completely black screen.

My Application uses WebView and this icon pops up in two cases:

a) when I call a video file using the player

b) when I run a YouTube video

This video icon appears on different systems also on Android 5.0 or 7.0. This is a system icon, because on a Sony phone this icon is different, even though I use the same application (ie it is not embedded in a player)

I tried to search the directory structure after unpacking the .img file with the video keys, movie, hoping that I will find some directory with icons - unfortunately in vain. I hope that someone knows where to look or change it :) Or show me someone who can know about it.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 48

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones