• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T Mobile Free weekend

FYI, the Mytouch 4g and G2 were $200 out the door with a $200 mail in rebate. I just went to Fry's and got the G2 for free out the door, only paying the sales tax. Also got their 2 year protection for $100, which is a lot cheaper than the $6/month plan from T-mobile ( $44 cheaper over 2 years ). The great part about the Fry's replacement plan is they are leniant with it, so if I feel like having the phone replaced at the end of my 2 years then they will do it with little problems. If they don't have that exact phone, well then, free upgrade for me. ;)

I was planning on getting the Mytouch 4g but honestly I thought the phone was kind of ugly and plasticy feeling. I like the solid feel of the G2, with the heavier phone, brushed aluminum, slightly thicker etc. The keyboard is also waaaaaay better than I thought it would be, far prefer it for heavy use over the standard android/swype.'

If you want the Mytouch 4G I believe Costco has it for free as well, at least online. Kind of disappointed in the $200 prices out the door from T-Mobile stores.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones