• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T-Mobile HotSpot blocking

• Thread starter Hotspot block by tmobile
  • Start date
H

Hotspot block by tmobile

I have an unlimited talk text and data 10 gigabyte plan with Walmart family mobile, which is actually through T-Mobile. After asking all kinds of questions to ensure I have hotspot and tethering with this my family, I bought their obsidian ZTE phone with this plan, and was using it for nearly three months with no problems and connecting with my hotspot very quickly. Then, within the end of the the 3rd month I stopped being able to connect any web connections with my browser, even though it said I had a connection. When I called my family, they said they do not support the hotspot, even though their contract says they provide tethering, and that it is T-Mobile who is blocking me. My family mobile basically said it's basically a hit or miss whether it works with my family mobile's plan. Some people have at work, some people don't. This is ridiculous, as the reason we purchased this 10 gigabyte program, is so we could use our tablets, as we are in our sixties and have trouble seeing the phone on the web. Does anyone here have any idea what we can do? I have researched, and changed the APN numerous ways with no success. I have no idea how to root a phone, or even if this would help, or if perhaps a virtual provider Network VPN, could help. I'm not trying to take advantage of anything that I haven't paid for, & don't even mind paying a little bit more if necessary, but I don't like to have been taken advantage of this way. Any help anyone up you may provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones