• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile/MetroPCS] [BETA] [4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

Upvote 0
Yes those are the links but it send my to the play store to download a cloud app or something. I downloaded it, went back , tapped the link, said it started downloading but it never moved. It stayed at 0

My wifi is strong and work but the app mega doesnt want to download it

Could it be because of location? I live in wisconsin. Moved here 2 weeks ago

Can u test the links again? Or send me the rom through good drive somehow?

Google*

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Do i download kk gaps aswell or do ot after flashing the rom?
You could download them now and put them on your storage, whether it be internal or external. Not familiar enough with the device to know;)
I also don't know what that whole "aboot" thing is in the OP, so you may want to wait until someone with more know-how than I to chime in here;)
Also, be sure to make a nandroid backup via TWRP before flashing.....it just may be your last resort in case something goes wonky:)

Upvote 0
You could download them now and put them on your storage, whether it be internal or external. Not familiar enough with the device to know;)
I also don't know what that whole "aboot" thing is in the OP, so you may want to wait until someone with more know-how than I to chime in here;)
Also, be sure to make a nandroid backup via TWRP before flashing.....it just may be your last resort in case something goes wonky:)
I used cwm. I download kk gaps then booted into recover, flashed cm 11 and gaps. It all worked great. The problem i see sofar is the torch doesnt work or the camera which i can do without. Thanks for your help. Can u let me know if updates will be coming oit to fix those problems

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I used cwm. I download kk gaps then booted into recover, flashed cm 11 and gaps. It all worked great. The problem i see sofar is the torch doesnt work or the camera which i can do without.
Yeah, that non-working camera seems to be a bug listed in the op :( But glad you got it working!!

Thanks for your help.
No problem.

Can u let me know if updates will be coming oit to fix those problems
Well, you're on your own bud....as I stated, I don't have this device, nor am I on metropcs so I am not really following this.
Just check back every so often, don't ask the dev for updates, and just peruse through the thread to see other folks comments about bugs and such.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Yeah, that non-working camera seems to be a bug listed in the op :( But glad you got it working!!

No problem.

Well, you're on your own bud....as I stated, I don't have this device, nor am I on metropcs so I am not really following this.
Just check back every so often, don't ask the dev for updates, and just peruse through the thread to see other folks comments about bugs and such.

Good luck!
Thanks

Upvote 0
[Q
I have a tmobile version of this phone and every time i flash the aboot the phone goes into fastboot, the recovery does not open and the rom wont load without the aboot, so i was unable to use it. Could u give me clearer directions or upload a new aboot or a cwm recovery that works. Will there be a cm 12 with a lolipop rom? I need help to boot this, i had to reset my phone five times already.

Reactions: im a android guy
Upvote 0
OK so I was able to flash both twrp recoveries and both work. Also I was able to use the aboot after I made it into a flashable zip and flashed thru recovery. After I flashed the ROM and it finally worked, flashing the gapps also worked. It needs to be official and improved because the biggest issue for me is the storage swap. I can't get the external to be internal.

Upvote 0
OK so I was able to flash both twrp recoveries and both work. Also I was able to use the aboot after I made it into a flashable zip and flashed thru recovery. After I flashed the ROM and it finally worked, flashing the gapps also worked. It needs to be official and improved because the biggest issue for me is the storage swap. I can't get the external to be internal.
I have the same issue. External to internal doesnt work. I can learn to deal with it but i would like a futer update to solve these issuse. Im just glad to have kitkat on my f3

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. External to internal doesnt work. I can learn to deal with it but i would like a futer update to solve these issuse. Im just glad to have kitkat on my f3

I didn't know that using external SD as an internal was such a popular feature, I've been doing it since July on this rom... Maybe I'll put a new patch for it... ;)

(It's actually more involved than the normal external SD methods, but it is still quite simple)

I just want to verify something: since you guys just flashed the rom, is LTE and Wifi working fine for you? I know camera and torch are the main issues, but are there are other issues so far?

Wifi should work, and I've only tested LTE for a few minutes, as I had to borrow a SIM card for it. Xclusive36 uses LTE on his, so in theory it's stable. As for the camera/torch, I wouldn't know exactly where to start, but when I have time I'll probably start working on it again.

Upvote 0
I didn't know that using external SD as an internal was such a popular feature, I've been doing it since July on this rom... Maybe I'll put a new patch for it... ;)

(It's actually more involved than the normal external SD methods, but it is still quite simple)

Wifi should work, and I've only tested LTE for a few minutes, as I had to borrow a SIM card for it. Xclusive36 uses LTE on his, so in theory it's stable. As for the camera/torch, I wouldn't know exactly where to start, but when I have time I'll probably start working on it again.
Your the best

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones