• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile Pulse Mini, anyone excited?

If this thing gets 2.1 before any of the other phones that are at higher performance, I.E., the Moment, Devour, Hero, Eris, etc., I think we will have a small-scale riot to-be in the near future.

Hi

Got it on saturday and got the unlock from US site for just 12 GBP.
Its nice one only the small keyboard sucks
I have shifted from Windows mobile to Android and i am very happy with Andriod OS as i can able to configure 2 exchange servers with a signle phone.. Android rocks:p:p:p

Upvote 0
I got one, as I needed a smaller Android phone (I also have a Samsung Galaxy Portal). Its great that it has all the features of 2.1, and gps and wifi. The screen res is a bit naff (in comparison to my other phone which carries 16M colours), but its good enough for general use, and now google navigation is live in the UK, I have used it as a navigation gps in the car. Some apps are missing from the Android Market with this phone at present (I can't find Twidroid, Appollo Task Killer, Cache & Go, and many other apps) but whether this is due to its small screen, or down to google not yet updating the ROMS for this phone, I don't know. Anyway, great little phone for budget consious Android fans. If you get one in the UK on TMobile, you can get 6 months free internet, plus topping up

Upvote 0
Mine comes tomorrow! I had a HTC Magic and got rid of it..why I don't know because I miss it terribly :( so I've been looking for a budget handset to last me until I can get an upgrade. I am quite excited at having the marketplace available to me again but I'm getting a little concerned over whether or not my favourite apps will be available to this handset.

Sooooo can't wait for the morning to come!!

Upvote 0
I got the T-mobile sim before the phone. I'm on the "top up with a tenner and get unlimited internet and text the following month" deal, so I was well sorted when I eventually got my Pulse Mini.
I wanted the full Pulse but was advised the T-Mobile were phasing it out and it had a few "quirks".

It may be coincidence but I have found that the screen response varies depending what apps I have in stalled. I have just removed Googles Seach by Talk app, rebooted and the pad is nice and responsive. Again, could just be coincidence. A reboot may have done that on its own.
I don't used the (ultra) mini keyboard but use the keypad instead. That is just about usable. for significant input I do use the stylus as I find the screen not to be terribly accurate.

My biggest complaint about the phone is volume, or lack of it. Even on max volume I often don't hear it ringing. It takes several rings before it cranks itself up to is full (low) volume.
Sound on the radio is good but not so on the MP3 player, it can lack clarity and volume.
Radio does not have RDS on the radio which even my sub

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones