• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet Recommendation

dunjamon

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
Hi All, I'm after a tablet for my dear parents...but not really sure what to go for. I'd get an iPad, but I don't want to be spending loads for something they won't really use that much, and I'm not a big fan of apple either.

They do minimal surfing, a bit of banking and some Facebook stuff. Along with that I'm trying to introduce them to the world of Skype, so could use a front facing camera. I had a quick look at the new Nexus 7 coming soon as it's my price range, but is it any good. I'm very tempted to pre-order a 16gb for a play!

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

There is lots of info on the Nexus 7 over in the Nexus 7 forum including one thread which has tried to gather all the reviews. There don't seem to be any bad reviews, but a lot of people are peeved that there is no sdcard slot.

Cheers bud. I wanted to see if anyone else has any other tablet recommendations. I've never really looked into them and everyone at work just tells me to get an iPad (only because they all have a company one).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones