1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

take 2: not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashkore21, May 25, 2011.

1. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

ok so i went to stock for awhile and been working like crazy. not i tried the newest cm7 downloaded form the wiki site. it wont let me save a apn and dont have the cricket apn. and still no mms in or out.

when i was doing the step by step on the ultimate customize guide i got these when wiping..

no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext.

and this one was during the dalvik cache

e: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exists)

idk y i having so much problems. i on cricket and the ascend. so plz help cm7 is way faster n better then shty cricket stock

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

mms should work after flashing no need to open apn, you might have had a bad flash, but also did you format data,cache,boot,system.

and no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext is not an issue, everyone gets that error.

3. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

4. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

and wat about this error thing i got doing it..

e: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (file exists)

5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

If it doesnt stop the flash, dont worry about it ;)

6. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

well not working correctly so i figure i throw it out there

7. nuttmeg

Notes

MMS works out of the box for Cricket users. MetroPCS users will need the MetroOFF fix.

if you with metro you need to flash metro off v1.3...mms should be working and no need to mess with apn if your on cricket...i never open mines and alot of peoples on cricket didnt have to do nothing either from the last few builds.

8. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

i flashed asked freind to send me a pic n it wouldnt work. never even got the message. it not working for me man

like not tryin to sound like an asshole but honestly i followed step by step n it not working. so thats y i asking

9. nuttmeg

yeah i know it sucks, but also it might be your carrier also, but is wifi off, and are you using any battery saver apps or ATK?

10. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

ya it off n no i havent dont anything but installed cm7 .

11. nuttmeg

best thing i would suggest is if you reflash and it still doesnt work try it on stock 2.1 and if its a no go than thats on the carrier, try waiting a couple hours and try again...

12. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

ok i will. i reflashing now

13. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

no luck at all on reflash idk..

when i try to see if cricket apn is select there is none there

14. nuttmeg

just wait for a while and than try re sending again!!!

15. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

No go had to revert to stock.

16. nuttmeg

did it work on stock?

17. ashkore21

ashkore21 Newbie

ya i got a stock back up i did. it suks cuz it stock n slow! everthing works tho just wish i cld get the mms to work on cm7

18. nuttmeg

yep, that sucks to be on stock...alot of cricket peoples have had the same issue so have metro ushers but from what i know problems have been resolve, you might want to try cm6 2.2 froyo or icarus 1.1, cause anything is better than stock. and icarus is based of 2.1 eclair.:)

19. Deej029

Deej029 Well-Known Member

I know this is a few days late...but I think someone somewhere here said something about putting it in airplane mode for a few minutes then switching it back. Not quite sure as I have never had a prob with ANY of the CM builds (6 or 7, or icarus for that matter). Also, I have heard that sometimes a complete wipe and reflash could do the trick.

KOLIO likes this.