• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Take Screenshots On ICS Without App

codeseven

Feb 26, 2011
So since we all recently were upgraded to ICS, I thought it would be just a good idea to post this. We are now able to take screenshots on ICS without the need of a 3rd party app.

All you have to do is hold the volume down button and the power button down at the same time for about 1 second and it will take a screenshot and save it to your gallery under a folder named Screenshots.

Hope this helps some of you out!

Reactions: TheMortallyWounded
So since we all recently were upgraded to ICS, I thought it would be just a good idea to post this. We are now able to take screenshots on ICS without the need of a 3rd party app.

All you have to do is hold the volume down button and the power button down at the same time for about 1 second and it will take a screenshot and save it to your gallery under a folder named Screenshots.

Hope this helps some of you out!
Hmmm... I didn't know that way worked as well... not only does that work, most newer HTC and Samsung phones have done this for a while with (and the Rezound did it with GB, so do most Samsungs). Just hold Power and tap Home, simple as that and it saves it to Camera Shots.

Reactions: codeseven
Upvote 0
Hmmm... I didn't know that way worked as well... not only does that work, most newer HTC and Samsung phones have done this for a while with (and the Rezound did it with GB, so do most Samsungs). Just hold Power and tap Home, simple as that and it saves it to Camera Shots.

Oh wow I think I like that way better, hah. Especially since I've always thought the volume buttons on the Rezound are too far embedded in. Thanks bud.

Upvote 0
I was able to do this before getting ICS, using the same method.
Nevermind, not that method, had to hold the home key and press the power button, that's how I did it before the update.
Yeah, many Samsung and HTC's have had this capability for some time. Motorolas and LGs are different though, haven't figured them out yet, then again I haven't really tried either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones