• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stuartavo

Lurker
Jan 25, 2014
Can anyone help on a few issues.
screen turns off whilst using the tablet.i have to swipe the home screen and I can then carry on as normal. Where can I find settings for this?

When I shut the tablet down I sometimes get a different off screen.this will not turn the tablet off.i have to press the off button repeatedly un til I get the right sc reen.this then shuts down normally.whats wrong is it a software glitch?
thanks to all the techies

Sorry I can't help. But I can offer a suggestion:

A lot of people can't/won't help unless they know what you're talking about. I had to read and reread your post 3-4 times just to understand it. Spelling/grammatical errors aside, I still don't know what you're describing. Perhaps describing things a bit better would garner more help.

Just sayin'

Upvote 0
I have 2 things to correct.
1 in normal use and even when I am typing the screen will revert back to the home screen.i have seen it time out every 20 seconds and then nothing for ten minutes
2.when I go to turn the tablet off with the top left button sometimes I get a different off screen come up.this will not allow me to shut the tablet down.however if I press the top left button repeatedly I get the correct shut down screen and I can the shut the tablet down properly.

Upvote 0
OK. First off, are you using a cover? What kind of cover is it? Now you may think, "What does the cover have to do with anything".

Well when I first bought mine, the previous owner included a Samsung Cover. I thought it was the orginal. It started doing some really weird things: Can't swipe down, can't reboot, different menus, etc.

I discovered that the cover had magnets in the wrong places that did some funky things with this tablet. Removed the cover, and everything was fixed. Have had no problems since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones