• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tell me about the phone in this offer:

jhonb

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2012
Jersey Shore
New Factory Unlocked GSM LG G3 Quad-core 2.5 GHz 16GB Smartphone! for $479.99 on 1Sale.com

They are selling the unlocked GSM version for the G3 on this site today for $479.00. Does anyone have any idea how the wireless charging will be set up in this phone? Would I be able to use Qi and just buy a back? Also, from what I see of the frequencies, it only matches one of the LTE bands that ATT uses. Will this work for an ATT phone.

Thanks in advance for the help.

For one,this is a 2GB/16GB version,so,you're not getting as good of a deal as you may have thought.

As for the wireless charging,it's using the QI Technology.
You'd have to contact the seller to determine if the charging back is included.
(seller is on e-Bay,a link from within the link you provided will take you to it).

Also,within the listing a LOT of disclaimers regarding warranty/returns/exchanges:

WARRANTY TERMS
We do not advertise our items with factory warranty because:
We sell to almost anyone, anywhere in the world; most of the brands do not honor warranty if the item was not purchase from their store in that country.
Most of our items are unlocked items and that means they don't have any service carrier logo on them and therefore they are considered as International version which the factory doesn't honor warranty.
If the item is advertised as new please do not assume it comes with factory warranty, if it comes with factory warranty we will state it clearly with the phone.
For additional warranty converage please click on the CPS link below. CPS Central is a third party that provides excellent warranties for many electronics:

RETURN POLICY
All our items for sale are protected under 14 days return policy under the following conditions.
(1) Refunds and exchanges may ONLY be made within 14 days of receiving the merchandise.
(2) Any item that comes "dead on Arrival" (DOA) or shows any manufacturer defects within 14 days will be replaced with a new unit. If however a refund instead of a replacement is desired, restocking fee will applied.
(3) Once you have contacted us, item must be returned within 7 days, and must include all accessories in new condition original packaging without any damages or scratches.
(4) Any item that is returned non-defective in new condition will be refunded less any shipping charges and a restocking fee of 15%. Even when a free shipping is offered, we still need to pay for shipping, and in case of returns original shipping & handling charges paid by us will be deducted.
You should be certain that the item you are purchasing will fit your needs before placing your order. By confirming your order, you indicate your agreement to this policy.

.. FINALLY
(*) FAKE PHONES / CLONES: We only sell original phones. If for any reason you have any doubt, we recommend that you do not purchase the phone.
(*) SEAL: Latin stock Samsung phones, Asian stock Sony phones, and most HTC phones do NOT come with a 'seal'. It is just a decision of the manufacturer to not put seal on certain stock. This does not really mean anything. Some have seal on the box, some do not. The phones are all new, irrespective of this.
(*) PHONE LANGUAGE: Unlocked International Imports may be set to a different Language. You can usually select English language at startup, otherwise from settings. A Google search will yield many results with instructional videos.
(*) INVOICE: Invoice can be printed for all orders from the eBay purchase history. Unfortunately, we are not setup to generate a PDF invoice.
(*) WEEKEND: We're closed on Saturday and Sunday. We periodically check emails, but may not be able to reply back until Monday.

I'd steer clear of this "DEAL" & wait for a price drop/sale for a model that is better suited for your carrier.

Reactions: Mikestony and jhonb
Upvote 0
it will work fine on AT&T.

on T-mobile it will not get LTE.

That's what I gathered, from the information given, but, as you, I wouldn't touch this w/a 10 FT pole.

If anything, I'd go the direct opposite & go upscale for the CAT6,but,that's a bit pricey @ this time.

I think a better option, outside of a sale, would be to get an LG G2, even a used one, to save even more money.

Upvote 0
That's what I gathered, from the information given, but, as you, I wouldn't touch this w/a 10 FT pole.

If anything, I'd go the direct opposite & go upscale for the CAT6,but,that's a bit pricey @ this time.

I think a better option, outside of a sale, would be to get an LG G2, even a used one, to save even more money.

respectfully disagree.

I had G2 and I am so glad I sold it.

non-removable battery, no SD slot, no deal.

I'd rather get LG F6 for $69.

which I did get as my spare phone.

that's a killer phone for the price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones