• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JimmieSmith

Lurker
Jul 4, 2016
Going in the testing menu from the phone dialer by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and selecting phone information, there are two things that I would like to know the best choices.

1. Should I turn on IMS Registration Required?
2. Should I turn on LTE RAM Dump?

Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So I turned on SMS over IMS and it resulted in no noticed change in SMS or MMS delivery.

Then I turned on IMS Registration Required, restarted my phone, now on day two and I have been connecting to T-Mobile band 12 when band 4 gets too weak.

I have been trying to connect to band 12 in rural areas or other weak spots to no success until I changed that setting. I will test more in areas of where I was roaming but the map shows LTE coverage and update.

Now, just to determine if turning on RAM Dump is OK to do. I turned it on then off again and didn't notice a change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones