• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tetra X-Way Car Mounts, how to stick disc to phone

PetiePal

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
Hey everyone! I recently purchased a Tetrax X-Way mount for my car. It basically works by affixing to either your dashboard or the ventilation grills. (Mine is the grill variety) Then you affix a small metal disc to the back of your phone or phone's case and the neodymium magnets do the rest!

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - XWAY line

It came yesterday but I couldn't really get the disc to stick well to the back of the Nexus. (Also if you pull directly off it takes the battery door off lol you're supposed to slide it to the side) I'm wondering if anyone owns this product and if the discs affix better to a gel-backing case. I may get one if that's the case.

Hey everyone! I recently purchased a Tetrax X-Way mount for my car. It basically works by affixing to either your dashboard or the ventilation grills. (Mine is the grill variety) Then you affix a small metal disc to the back of your phone or phone's case and the neodymium magnets do the rest!

Tetrax - XWAY, EGO, GEO, FIX, FIXWAY, XCASE - XWAY line

It came yesterday but I couldn't really get the disc to stick well to the back of the Nexus. (Also if you pull directly off it takes the battery door off lol you're supposed to slide it to the side) I'm wondering if anyone owns this product and if the discs affix better to a gel-backing case. I may get one if that's the case.

I have one I used with my Driod Inc. Worked great. I used a VZW gel case and just stuck it to that.

I'll probably do the same with the GN, the only thing that concerns me is the spot where you would stick the disk is about where the NFC sensor is. It's just a metal disk(not magnetic) but I'm a little concerned it'll interfere with NFC.

Upvote 0
I used it and it stuck to the back of my Dinc Great, and also to an Incipio feather case. The SGN is probably to smooth for it to stick well. I can't believe how slippery the back of this phone is. I used one of these w/ the Tetrax because I didn't want the hot air from the vent blasting my phone. Amazon.com: SoundGate M2 German engineered to safely secure your iPod, iPhone, Nano, Touch, Classic, Garmin, Cell Phone, Blackberry, Zune, MP3, or other portable device to your dash, or console: Car Electronics

The part w/ 1/2 circle comes off and the tetrax clamps on to the screw that was holding it. Gives you a few better mounting options too.

P.s. I also used a spring clamp to hold the disc to the cover and left it clamped for a couple hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones