• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text alert ringtones

GypsyDroid

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
I just got this phone on Thursday night. I like it so far but one thing about it is annoying me. It doesn't seem like I can make different sounds for all of my contacts for text messages. I can take music on my phone and assign it as different ringtones for each of my contacts but I don't seem to see any option for text alerts. Am I missing something? I already know how to add the music to the notifications folder I just can't do anything but use one as a default.
I was able to do this with my BlackBerry Storm without any problem. Is there an app for that? If not I wonder when Froyo is available for the Incredible if it will be possible?
I hate to say it but I miss my Storm.

Reactions: Nia07
Also, if you are a hardcore BB throwback like myself, you might be interested in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/77867-if-your-missing-your-bb-notifications.html

I still use BB notifiers for sms among other things. It was nice to hear the familiar tones again. :D

Make a folder called Notifications on your SD card and put them in there. They will then automatically come up as options for notification selections in various apps. Additionally, there are some ringtones in that download also. If you want, remove or copy them and add to another folder you make on your SD card titled Ringtones. Handy if you want to use some of the old standbys for either purpose.

Reactions: BlueOwl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones