• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message Delivery Verification

DroidPower

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
I'm reposting this topic...

I know if you long press the message in question you can press (view report) (not view detail) which can indicate MESSAGE PENDING. But the Icon has an green EXCLAMATION MARK in the envelope icon just as all the delivered messages do.

I'm guess the Incredible Text message only indicates and verifies the message was sent by your (Incredible) phone, whether it was delivered has to be verified by long pressing the message itself and read the option VIEW REPORT.

Does anyone know of a way to overcome this SMALL but very important dilemma.

I believe you are referring to the HTC messenging app, as I think we've had this convo before. I don't know how to fix with the stock messenger but Handcent does this automatically but only when you are messaging another Verizon Wireless customer. If this is really that important to you, maybe give Handcent a try. Just trying to help.

Upvote 0
it was cover before but i wanted to get into more detail of the problem/solution. I tried hand-cent but everything get duplicated and stuff, its more of a addition to... than instead of.

I just thought someone might of came up with a answer, solution, or App. A text message confirmation of delivery would be cool, we take-it for granted that our messages are received.

Upvote 0
When i receive a text i get duplicate notifications and a option window asking where i want to view the message.... messages or handcent.

I know i can turn off notification in messages but that only solves the sound duplication, but doesn't solve receiving messages in both Apps.

Upvote 0
ok... i got it... finally through trial and error of settings i got it. I removed the messages app from my home screen and disable notifications, adding the handcent icon.

After playing with the handcent options... i'm mean a thousand of them, i got it to work how i wanted it to. Plenty of customization to be done if desired, so i'm finally done. Thanks wkd1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones