• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text message question(s)

marco712

Feb 22, 2010
So I got my hero today, and I have two questions about text messaging:

1. Incoming and outgoing messages are not threaded. All the incoming messages from my contact are at the top of the page, and all my sent messages are at the bottom, they are distinctly separated. Is there any way to thread it?

2. Where is the "=" sign?!?! lol I use the " =" sign a lot but its nowhere to be found... unless i'm blind...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Thanks vjprakashbe for helping me find the "=" sign.

Just to update, incase someone has this problem down the road. The text message problem was stemming from a difference in the time stamps of received texts vs sent texts. Received texts were 5 hours behind the real time for some reason. So the Hero will put messages in time order (other person's time is 4 hours earlier so they are grouped together, mine are later so they are grouped together).

I ended up going into the date/time settings, unchecking auto time update, and moving my HEROs time 5 hours backwards in the "region" settings. It no longer says "Vancouver" on the clock, but Denmark or something, but at least my texts are in order =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones