• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting apps and group texts

Jalouis

Lurker
Jun 15, 2020
My old high school buddies and I keep a running group text to about 8 people. Periodically someone asks to be added or removed which then spawns a new group text with that person removed/added. The problem with that is people don't always look closely and use the old group text instead of the newly created one.

Is there a way to setup a single group text that you can add or delete members without creating a new group text?
Listen and download to an exclusive collection of message ringtone for free to personalize your iPhone or Android device. Android notification

Last edited:
Using a different messaging system than SMS/MMS, yes. But any other messaging service requires that everybody installs the same app.

I don't think you can with SMS (I'm unable to do that with any of the groups in my message history). But to be honest it's many years now since I was involved in any group SMS/MMS chat, people where I am have moved on to using more flexible messaging systems for groups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones