• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thank you all for helping! Please read

Oh I have no problem with you hating Samsung or any other company for that matter. But when it blinds you to common sense, it actually becomes quite obvious. Comparing this phone to any of Samsung's previous phones is just plain silly.

In 9 months, there's a good chance I'll have upgraded yet again, so this will be a moot point. But I am confident Samsung will support this phone even though I don't plan on using it beyond 2.2.
I have said all day the Vibraint is sick. No doubt.

But I refuse to give them my money and let them think I will support them repeating history.

You can look at it 2 ways:

1) Samsung will support this phone because so many people purchased it and will be outraged if they don't........... I hope this happens.

2) Samsung will feel that if people will support them even after what they did with the moment, behold II, and i5700 thus making them billions on galaxy s devices that the public will do it again if they drop support......... i fear this will happen.

I know I will be out of my slide in 6-9 months as well and will do it for free.

See the good thing about my slide is, as much as I like it I know and T-mobile knows it has flaws.

That damn battery cover sucks!

All it will take is 3 complaints in 3 months to get me a "no lemon" claim.

I already have exchange 1 out of the way due to the wifi dropping signal.

Bring on that dual core HTC monster.

Upvote 0
I see what you're saying about Samsung's support, trust me... I was a BH2 owner and was pissed at the news of no more support. So much in fact that I almost decided to not get the Galaxy S.

But here's the thing, I don't think they're going to support this phone because of what happened to the BH2. I think they're going to support this phone because of how much they're putting into it. While Samsung may have lost a lot of respect online due to the BH2 fiasco, they are still not a dumb company. Being their first flagship Android device, it's quite obvious from a business perspective that they have every intention of supporting this device for some time to come.

It didn't have the biggest opening day of sales for TMobile, but once it starts hitting the other, bigger carriers (who are much better at marketing than TMo), it will get bigger and bigger, thus creating a following too big to ignore.

That, and lets not forget that they released the source, proving that they have every intention of allowing the community to have full reign on any kind of programming they want. So if anything, the community will keep this phone going.

Upvote 0
I see what you're saying about Samsung's support, trust me... I was a BH2 owner and was pissed at the news of no more support. So much in fact that I almost decided to not get the Galaxy S.

But here's the thing, I don't think they're going to support this phone because of what happened to the BH2. I think they're going to support this phone because of how much they're putting into it. While Samsung may have lost a lot of respect online due to the BH2 fiasco, they are still not a dumb company. Being their first flagship Android device, it's quite obvious from a business perspective that they have every intention of supporting this device for some time to come.

It didn't have the biggest opening day of sales for TMobile, but once it starts hitting the other, bigger carriers (who are much better at marketing than TMo), it will get bigger and bigger, thus creating a following too big to ignore.

That, and lets not forget that they released the source, proving that they have every intention of allowing the community to have full reign on any kind of programming they want. So if anything, the community will keep this phone going.

It wont sell great on Verizon. By the time it comes out it will be buried by the Droid X, 2, and Incredible.

The keyboard may sell it to Sprint customers but I am not to sure about that because of the Moment (sure it got a 2.1 update but how can a phone with an 800MHz processor not be updated to atleast 2.2).

Nobody goes to At&t for android.

I don't think Samsung is putting that much money into it. I seen the slide on TV 3 times today in 2 hours, Vibrant once.

Development wise they did not spend a whole lot because its the same on every version only with a different shell. So divide the development cost by 4 and that is what the Vibrant cost.

Upvote 0
I think this is what happened with samsung.

Bill noticed all the angry beholder's complaining about a promised update.
His programmer said there was no way in hell that we could get 2.1 on the behold II.

Then a shining star came to them and said, well if we twirk the touchwiz interface, we could get 2.1 on the behold II.

And Bill said "Or......we can make a new phone that has a 2.1 on it, and then we can call the upgraded UI, "Touchwiz 3.0" and we can then alter it to work on all carriers. We will make a fortune!!!"

And the programmer asked about the beholders and Bill said "What about them? How about you just give them a few minor updates and slap on 1.6, that should keep them quite happy"

and Bill finally said, "Also lets distract them and put Avatar on there, so that way we can be associated with the best movie this year."

:)

Upvote 0
I think this is what happened with samsung.

Bill noticed all the angry beholder's complaining about a promised update.
His programmer said there was no way in hell that we could get 2.1 on the behold II.

Then a shining star came to them and said, well if twirk the touchwiz interface, we could get 2.1 on the behold II.

And Bill said "Or......we can make a new phone that has a 2.1 on, and then we can call the upgraded UI, "Touchwiz 3.0" and we can then alter it to work on all carriers. We will make a fortune!!!"

And the programmer asked about the beholders and Bill said "What about them? How about you just give them a few minor updates and slap on 1.6, that should keep them quite happy"

and Bill finally said, "Also lets distract them and put Avatar on there, so that way we can be associated with the best movie this year."

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
They put hot tub time machine on it too????

Now I am second guessing getting the slide :mad:

If it makes you feel better, I can put the Hot tub time machine on your slide for you!

I can maybe even throw in SALT :)

O come on, dont give up on the slide,

for all you know, those two movies my be part of bloatware and it just sits there taking up space on your sd card.

Keep the faith alive, dont give into their evil ways.

Upvote 0
If it makes you feel better, I can put the Hot tub time machine on your slide for you!

I can maybe even throw in SALT :)

O come on, dont give up on the slide,

for all you know, those two movies my be part of bloatware and it just sits there taking up space on your sd card.

Keep the faith alive, dont give into their evil ways.

It was pure sarcasm.

I still love my Slide. :D

Upvote 0
Well I'm glad for one thing,

Now that streetman doesn't have a behold II, he won't need a reason for comming back to this thread, unless he is like those old high school jocks that come back to watch football games even after he graduated, and talks about all the things he did in his days.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt tho.

Didn't behold_this get rid of his BH2 a long time ago?

Upvote 0
Well there is a difference between coming back and helping people, and coming back to tell people how bad they have it.

That guy was just all kinds of wrong.

By the way, lol, just because the government has shut down pirated places like ninjavideo.net, I would like to clarify that when I said that i would put "Salt" on your phones, I really meant the ingredient salt and not the movie with angelina jolie :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones