• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Android Auto Thread

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Since I can't find the Android Auto forum and presume it to be gone, I'm starting this to discuss the app.

Turns out that the Android Auto CoolWalk interface (with multiple apps on the screen at the same time) is now available on my Ford Explorer - but only if I use Google Maps as my navigation app. As soon as I select Waze, CoolWalk disappears. I think that's poor form for Google, which owns both apps...

V9.1 is out for beta users (and those of us who sideload the APK) and there seems to be no visible changes. I'm disappointed, however, that my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum's screen still freezes the taskbar using AA Wireless (which I doubt is the problem). The only thing I can control is Waze, in the navigation window. Everything else freezes within minutes of driving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones