1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support The blurred text after upgrade to Android 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sep77, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Sep77

Sep77 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    Hello,

since I upgraded to android 4.* version, my Nexus S by Samsung is slower than before and what is the bigger problem, the graphic elements are blurred - not icons, but fonts, it's really annoying, the text is not possible to read. I hoped that this problem will be fixed witth Andorid 4.0.4 version, but unfortunately is not. It's really hard to use the phone with this problem...

As I wrote above, I've been waiting on the 4.0.4 version in the hope with fixing this bug, then I tried to turn off all 3D rendering and stuffs around, but nothing helped me..

Had anyone the same problem or could anyone give me some advice, how to fix this issue?

Thank you so much!

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi Sep77 and welcome to AF,

This problem is almost certainly specific to the Nexus S, so the best place to ask will be in the Nexus S forum: Nexus S - Android Forums. I'll move the thread over there, where hopefully someone will be able to help you.

3. amizle

amizle Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2012
    I've been having the same problem but haven't found a fix yet. Hopefully it gets addressed soon. Here is a screen shot just to show everyone what the problem is

Lemme know if you find anything

4. StandByer

StandByer Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hi,

Same problem here. Update OTA from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4. It become a lot more slower and the lettering just go mad. Apps work fine, this is just in home screens...

If anyone knows how to fix it...

Thanks.

5. amizle

amizle Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2012
    I just did the factory reset on my phone and it seems to have fixed the problem for the most part. Did the same thing with the text on the home screen once but that was just once. Otherwise text has been completely normal

6. oliwek

oliwek Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    Hi, I had no problem with blurred texts with my Nexus S on android 4.04, and the phone is even more responsive than it was in gingerbread. But I did a factory reset, full wipe, format of /system partition in clockworkmod recovery, before manually upgrading.
    So the factory reset fix is certainly welcome if you get such issues.
    good luck, ICS has interesting new features (for example the data consumption monitoring when you are limited with your data from your 3G provider)

:)

edit : follow those lines before upgrading : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20485148&postcount=146

Tags: