• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The blurred text after upgrade to Android 4

Sep77

Lurker
Apr 22, 2012
Hello,

since I upgraded to android 4.* version, my Nexus S by Samsung is slower than before and what is the bigger problem, the graphic elements are blurred - not icons, but fonts, it's really annoying, the text is not possible to read. I hoped that this problem will be fixed witth Andorid 4.0.4 version, but unfortunately is not. It's really hard to use the phone with this problem...

As I wrote above, I've been waiting on the 4.0.4 version in the hope with fixing this bug, then I tried to turn off all 3D rendering and stuffs around, but nothing helped me..

Had anyone the same problem or could anyone give me some advice, how to fix this issue?

Thank you so much!

Hi, I had no problem with blurred texts with my Nexus S on android 4.04, and the phone is even more responsive than it was in gingerbread. But I did a factory reset, full wipe, format of /system partition in clockworkmod recovery, before manually upgrading.
So the factory reset fix is certainly welcome if you get such issues.
good luck, ICS has interesting new features (for example the data consumption monitoring when you are limited with your data from your 3G provider)

:)

edit : follow those lines before upgrading : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20485148&postcount=146

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones