• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The EVO 3D II? (Evo 3D 2?)

I don't know what was or wasn't at CES, but there are 87 different 3D TVs for sale on Best Buy's website right this second. Clearly it's not a gimmick. And every new high end TV has it.

Right and most new TV's coming out won't have it according to what was shown at CES. Also, if 3D was this HUGELY popular feature we would see it on Cameras and camcorders...and we don't. Like I said earlier, just because you think 3D is awesome doesn't mean it's not a gimmick.

Here's another article on the falling sales of 3D TV's
3D TV's Flagging Fortunes | InvestorPlace
and another
Why 3D TV Went From CES Darling to Consumer Reject | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Upvote 0
Right and most new TV's coming out won't have it according to what was shown at CES. Also, if 3D was this HUGELY popular feature we would see it on Cameras and camcorders...and we don't. Like I said earlier, just because you think 3D is awesome doesn't mean it's not a gimmick.

Here's another article on the falling sales of 3D TV's
3D TV's Flagging Fortunes | InvestorPlace
and another
Why 3D TV Went From CES Darling to Consumer Reject | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Did you read your links? The first one says 3D TV sales are up 100%, while TV sales overall are down 4%.

To put that into terms everyone can understand... We're in a bad economy, and as such TV sales are down 4%. Even so, 3D TV sales are UP a whopping 100%.

And yes, there are plenty of new model 3D TVs about to hit the market. Just about every new high end model is 3D (as it also says in your first link).

Again, Best Buy has over 80 different 3D TVs for sale right this second. Clearly, it's not a gimmick.

Your second link ends the article with this:

"Whatever the reason for purchase, the most recent studies indicate consumers are slowly warming up to 3D. An October report from the Digital Entertainment Group found that the majority of 3D TV owners say the experience is positive: 88 percent of those surveyed rated 3D picture quality positively, and 85 percent of those 3D TV owners prefer to watch more than half of their programming in 3D.

As prices come down, more content becomes available, and 3D glasses improve (or are replaced by glasses-free technology), 3D TV adoption will only increase. Whether we reach the near 50 percent adoption rates that have been projected for 2014 and 2015 is yet to be seen. But whether you like it or not, 3D does not appear to be in its death throes just yet.

Yes, we

Upvote 0
I believe most people are still waiting for the price of these 3D T.V.s to go down. I thought that the idea of the 3D T.V.s was dying out. I went to Frys and Sam's Club and was surprized to see that more people were making them now. It's not just Sony, Samsung and Panasonic, but others too. You have to remember we are in a recession, this has a lot to do with sells. People like 3D, but its not needed.

Upvote 0
I believe most people are still waiting for the price of these 3D T.V.s to go down. I thought that the idea of the 3D T.V.s was dying out. I went to Frys and Sam's Club and was surprized to see that more people were making them now. It's not just Sony, Samsung and Panasonic, but others too. You have to remember we are in a recession, this has a lot to do with sells. People like 3D, but its not needed.

Seriously, we're (hopefully) coming out of the worst economic crisis since the great depression. We had more foreclosures the last few years that at any point in any of our lives.

Are we really surprised that TV sales are down? A lot of people can't even afford to keep their house, and some other people are surprised they didn't run out and buy a new big screen TV?

Having said all of that, 3D TV sales are actually at an all time high right now. According to the link that other guy posted, 3D TV sales over the holiday season were up 100% over the previous year, even though overall TV sales were down.

So what that means is a lot of people can't afford a new TV in this economy. But, those that can afford a TV right now are buying 3D TVs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones